More recently I have been selling things on Craigslist. There are things my wife and I don’t need or use anymore. Here are some tips and things to keep in mind while you are craigslist shopping.
1. Look for a deal, look for a seller who needs to sell.
2. If you are the motivated buyer, you will probably get the worst end of the deal.
3. Always start out by listing your item for more than you want.
4. Decide on your breaking point, stick to that number.
5. Bartering goods can work too, what do you need? What do you want to get rid of?
6. If you can help it, don’t meet someone at your house or theirs. Pick a public location.
7. List other descriptive words separated by commas in your posting, it will bring more traffic.
Just a month ago I bartered a backpack for an authentic pair of Ray Bans!
I have also sold stuff our church was getting rid of or dumping, took the cash and put it back into our ministry for things we could use.
What do you need to sell?