When your leaders win, you win. When you win, your church wins.
You want your leaders to feel like winners don’t you? They work with students every week for months and sometimes years at a time. This can be discouraging and feel more like a weekly task rather than an eternal investment. I want my leaders to feel like they have won each week. To do this I have developed a WIN calendar for them. Each week the WIN is a little bit different, they are made aware of the WIN earlier in the week through an email or our app. During our meeting (pre-game show) we discuss the WIN for the week and why it’s important.
Do you give your leaders a tangible WIN each week? Here are a few WINs that I rotate through:
- Make contact with the parents, ask how you can be praying for them.
- Attend your students lunch or extra-curricular activity.
- Throw a small group party.
- Tell a student how much you care about them.
- Send an email home reminding parents of upcoming events.
- Talk about camp in small group and how to sign up.
These wins are much more effective in and through small groups, more than they ever would be from the stage.