Here are a few quick things I have learned and been processing thus far at #OC14:
- God has a specific calling on my life and my ministry. Living out this calling should look different than everyone else. I should stop gauging success based my personal and ministry accomplishments compared to others. Success should be based on whether or not I have answered and stayed true to what God has asked me to do.
- There are far more (in numbers and tenure) dedicated kids ministry volunteers and staff opposed to student ministry staff. C’mon student leaders! Step up your game, stay loyal to your church, raise up an army of great volunteers for students.
- You need to know how to define a win for everything you do in your ministry. What does a win look like for the guest that attends camp? What does a win look like for my small group leader after a small group? What does a win look like after a staff meeting? Defining your wins will help you strive for excellence and celebrate what is most important.
- Don’t let your budget determine your vision. Let your vision determine your budget.
- Prayer. Not praying for your ministry/church on a regular basis is like trying to launch and navigate a rocket to the moon without NASA. Let’s stay closely in touch with our all-knowing Father.
JOIN FOR LIVE STREAMING THIS MORNING!
Leave a Reply