I love my small group leaders! These people volunteer so much time energy throughout the year.
Tis the season we all think about gift giving. If you are good at appreciating your leaders/volunteers you should think about gift giving year round. When you give a gift you simply appreciate them for who they are and let them know you notice what they contribute to your ministry. I personally need to work on this more.
If I could, I’d buy all my SGL’s Ferraris…but that’s not gonna happen for obvious reasons.
Here are 5 (reasonably priced) gift ideas for your small group leaders:
- A hand-written card. This will cost you only your time and a stamp, but a personal note can mean much more than a gift.
- A coffee mug with your ministry name filled with goodies. This will be a continual “thank you” every time they fill their cup!
- Giftcard. These seem less and less personal each year I give them to people or receive them myself. Raise the bar by making the giftcard to somewhere unique or special to that individual’s passions/hobbies OR somewhere trending in your city. If you are thinking of getting giftcard’s to the local Chili’s….stop, and try again.
- Something hand built. If you are a DIYer, handyman, or just simply appreciate a challenge (like myself) build some birdhouses out of old fencewood, make some coasters with the first letter of the person’s last name, bake some cookies, etc. Pinterest would be a good go to for more ideas.
- A micro-drone. Because who wouldn’t want to try this out?! Bring out the inner child in your leaders. This is for those that are buying for a choice few or maybe you have a ridiculous amount to spend on your volunteers (good for you!). Set up a drone course and have your leaders race their Christmas gift around before or after a program!
It’s not too late, make it a priority this weekend or next to buy, make or create some gifts to appreciate your leaders! What gift ideas do you have for your leaders?