Welcome to the new feel and look of lifeofayouthpastor.com! This marks the 100th posting I’ve done. Today is all about getting the new site up and letting you explore a little bit. Nothing too fancy, but hopefully a bit more appeasing to the eye. Thanks to my friends Blair and Kenny this was made possible, love you guys. So, catch up on stories I’ve posted the past few days or enjoy the big 100 below.
Here are 100 things you may or may not know about me…
1. I am married to Calla.
2. I have toured ancient castles.
3. My first official job was at Chick-fila.
4. I have two ducks in my office.
5. I built a chicken coop.
6. Yes, I eat fresh eggs regularly.
7. I have four chickens in my backyard.
8. I love the outdoors.
9. My wife bought me a motorcycle for my wedding gift.
10. My dream someday is to own a ranch/land of some sort.
11. I work at Gateway Church in Austin.
12. I lived in Chicago for 6 years.
13. I graduated from Moody Bible Institute, B.A. in Biblical Studies and Evangelism/Discipleship.
14. My coffee of choice is Madelyn’s Backyard Pecan. You can only buy this in Texas at HEB.
15. I would go skeet shooting every day if I could afford it.
16. I got a bicycle for my birthday this year.
17. My wife and I enjoy home projects, we are always renovating something.
18. I’m a wheeler-dealer on craigslist, or at least I’d like to think so.
19. If I had to spend all my free time in one spot, it would be the backyard.
20. I love yard work, it has taught me patience.
21. I was on a sailing team in high school, we went to nationals.
22. I have a scuba diving license.
23. I hate the game of golf, it brings out the worst in me.
24. I recently saved $2,000 by trimming my own oak trees with some friends. I paid them in BBQ.
25. Popular Mechanics is a favorite magazine of mine.
26. Ducks Unlimited is a second favorite magazine.
27. I helped pay my way through college by starting a wedding photography business.
28. I dropped Calculus in high school and took welding, I am forever grateful for this decision.
29. I dislike popcorn ceilings.
30. People can’t text and drive, but cops can type on their laptop and drive? I find this annoying.
31. Put on the makeup at home. Driving, looking in the mirror and mascara is not a safe combo.
32. I haven’t gone sky diving, but want to.
33. Fall is my favorite time of year, spring is a close second.
34. Orange is my favorite color.
35. If I had to live anywhere else in the world right now, I’d choose Kenya. Rift Valley.
36. I have taken the train from Durango to Silverton.
37. I want to be dropped off by a bush plane and spend 2 months in the Alaskan wilderness.
38. I own a Gransfors Bruks hand hatchet.
39. I was a mean machine on Nintendo 64 James Bond, I can’t keep up with these Xbox kids.
40. I love the wood floors in our home.
41. I have a slight fascination with the Highwaymen.
42. No water Chai from starbucks.
43. I love traveling.
44. I enjoy camping, I’ll cook.
45. I believe loneliness is the next major illness. People have to be connected all the time.
46. I was told by my youth pastor that I can’t sing, it’s true.
47. I can play two songs on the guitar.
48. I am totally relaxed when rock climbing.
49. I cried when I got my first dog, she was a boxer.
50. My favorite food is steak.
51. I recently started CSS code writing.
52. I do enjoy a good Geo-cache.
53. I almost never use recipes when I cook.
54. I have no tattoos.
55. Pretty much blind with out my glasses or contacts.
56. Born premature…thus my bad vision.
57. I HATE doing laundry.
58. I LOVE cooking.
59. If I can cook it on the Weber Grill, I prefer to.
60. Duck hunting, and I don’t mean the nintendo game.
61. One of my favorite places is Big Bend, TX.
62. My favorite part of the gym is the hot tub, I’d rather work out doing an activity outdoors.
63. First one in my immediate and extended family to graduate college.
64. My full name is engraved on a wall inside the Alamo, alongside many others that fought the battle.
65. I know how to play the trumpet and tuba.
66. My high school marching band won the state marching contest in 2001. Go Timberwolves!
67. I’m an ISTJ Meyer’s Briggs.
68. Driving my dream truck, the Toyota Tacoma 4×4.
69. My wife and I share the truck, we are a one car family.
70. I’ll beat you in Settlers of Catan.
71. I was a chimney sweep in high school.
72. I was 18 when I first saw real snow.
73. I felt called into ministry when I was a freshman in high school at Panama City Beach.
74. Most of my family is from Alabama.
75. I like my PBJ’s in the skillet.
76. I believe if you are too busy to stop and have a conversation with your neighbor, you’re too busy.
77. I did a 400 mile loop in the Texas Hill Country on a Harley Road Glide Ultra.
78. Port Aransas is a favorite quick getaway to do some fishing and get time at the beach.
79. I have been to Canada, eh.
80. I am still not familiar with the subway system in NYC, despite 4 visits there.
81. I enjoy seeing the horizon in front of me, not a fan of blocked view.
82. I have been bitten in the face by a dog, had to go to the ER.
83. I had a piece of wood puncture my leg, had to go to the ER.
84. I broke my pinky playing basketball.
85. I broke my thumb playing football.
86. My wisdom teeth have been removed.
87. After the second cracked iphone screen I got an otterbox case.
88. I sleep with a fan on or white noise.
89. I have been to 9 different countries, all for mission work.
90. One of my dream cars is a Westfalia Vanagon. I want to get one and renovate it, then go camping.
91. I’m a learner, love learning new things.
92. I don’t like sweets for breakfast, just bacon and eggs.
93. I like the movie “The Guardian”.
94. The coldest temperature I have experienced was -16.
95. I like wearing a baseball cap.
96. Swam in a meet one time. I rocked the board shorts, while others wore speedos. Won my race.
97. My favorite thing to grill is baby back ribs.
98. I got a jalepeno pepper seed in my eye one time.
99. This is the first post on my new blog layout.
100. I am tired, going to bed now.