My wife and I arrived in New York City last night, Brooklyn to be exact. We are spending the next 10 days with her family, exploring NYC and quick jaunts to meet up with other friends that will be in the area. I have been looking forward to this trip for some time now. When we took the student pastor position at Gateway 6 months ago it was something I requested right away, knowing we would have an incredibly full and busy start in Austin. Well it’s here now and I look forward to relaxing, catching up family, and wiping dust off the old camera to get some shots of the city that are frame worthy.
My bucket list for city isn’t too long, probably because my knowledge is next to none when it comes to everything NYC has to offer. Other than a mission trip for students and a quick proposal to my girlfriend at the time I haven’t had much time to do whatever I wanted in NYC. Here’s what’s on the list thus far, what would you add?!
- The High Line – an old subway rail turned into a park.
- Central Park – where I proposed to Calla!
- Little Italy – I really enjoyed this last time I was here.
- Guggenheim Museum – Famous art museum.
- Brooklyn Brewery – I’m fascinated by operations like this!
- Geocache – Need to find Kenny’s cache…it’s like hide and seek for big kids 🙂
- What would you add to my list? What places do you want pictures of?