Having one of those weeks where you are trying to think of a fun element for youth group? I’ve got one for you. It’s really easy, fun and everyone seemed to have a good time. It will take maybe 5-10 minutes of prep work and 15 minutes to play.
Here’s how the game is played:
- Split your group into teams. I split them into classes Freshman through Seniors, so I had 4 teams.
- Put a mystery box of meaningless box of objects, clothing, toys, etc. in the middle of the room. Make sure there is plenty for each team. Perhaps even limit them to 5 items per team. Really hype up that what’s inside the box is a mystery.
- Give each team 5 minutes to gather items from the box and dress up a team mate of their choice.
- Have the team collaborate and come up with a crazy, awesome, stupid story that explains the choice costume and items. (We did spring break theme stories)
- Have them delegate a spokesperson from their group to tell the story and describe the outfit they chose for their lucky candidate.
This went over seemingly well, the students laughed at each others costumes and stories. This game really brings out the creativity and imagination of your group. Above all, I think they just like to be up front and part of the program.
Leave a Reply