This is in response to a former article I wrote on DIY Student Ministry. This is the eighth of ten areas that I’m covering in this series.
I’ll make this one short and sweet. You don’t need to do all of the shopping for your ministry. There are plenty of leaders and parents out there that are willing to swing by the store for you, just ask. Get away from do-it-yourself student ministry by delegating to others, allowing them to be a piece in the process of pulling your program or event together. Bringing others into your supply run outings can bring great benefits.
- Ask another leader or parent to do your supply run.
- Encourage leaders to take students with them, it’s a great time to build community.
- Have a supply list prepared, more time is wasted in the store if you don’t have a list.
- Understand your method of payment and how reimbursements work at your church, be up front with your leaders/parents and make sure they get their reimbursement.
- Amazon Prime – Free two day shipping on most items, delivered right to the church. Eliminates the time and money spent on an outing to the store.
- The dollar store…hidden treasures await you and your students.
- Old stuff in your youth storage space, you haven’t used this stuff in a year. Get creative with supplies you already have or bring back an old game.
Subscribe to lifeofayouthpastor in the top right corner of this page, pass the homelink on to friends that might benefit from these postings. Thanks for reading!